Saturday, October 27, 2007

Introduction

Hello readers:

I am an American student in Germany. I am directly enrolled at a University here doing my graduate studies. I have never had a lot of money and I thought going to school in Germany would be a good idea, as there tuition is much less than Universities in the States, and I am getting a Masters in European Studies, so it make more sense to study in Europe. The only problem is that being an American student in Germany I am unable to get student loans, and as I have just recently arrived in Germany I am also not able to get a job until I get my visa, but even when I do get a job the hours I am available to work are also very limited due to my class schedule.

Before I came to Germany I was under the impression that my parents would help me with the cost of living since I am unable to get a student loan, however that has turned out to not be the case. My parents have had to make unexpected repairs to there house and are unable to fully support me.

What I would like to do with this blog is set up donations for poor college students like myself who have no other means of getting money. I would like to use the donations I receive from this blog to support myself, meaning pay my rent and buy food, and lets be honest it would be nice to go out to the bar every once in a while and buy a beer. And if I receive more than enough money to support myself I will not go out buy things I don't need, but rather I will set up a scholarship contest where applicants submit an essay and the readers of this blog will get to vote on who receives the scholarship.

I will update periodically letting my readers know how the donations are going.

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and please donate, I am not asking a lot every penny helps donate what you can.

No comments: